by Jack Etkin
construction starting this month …
I would like to congratulate Corporate Canada, their Politicians and their Media for the great job they have done keeping The Pacific Trail Pipeline almost completely secret. This pipeline is to be built right across Northern British Columbia, on a route similar to the Enbridge line, with preparatory work starting this month (August).
This project is as disastrous as the oil pipeline … but the corporations have focused all attention onto Enbridge, while keeping completely secret this pipeline that they are starting to build right now, AND WITH THE FULL SUPPORT OF THE NDP. (And of course the Liberals AND the media too)
THE PACIFIC TRAIL PIPELINE will carry FRACKED Natural Gas from north-eastern BC and Alberta to Kitimat. Fracking is a drilling process that is an environmental disaster, as bad as the TarSands mess in Alberta. Huge amounts of natural gas are trapped in ‘shale’ rock. With fracking, large amounts of water and chemicals are pumped under pressure into the rock to ‘blow it up’, or ‘fracture’ it, and then capture the gas. This poisons and contaminates the water that is used, as well as the land that is ‘fracked’. It’s absolutely crazy, but the corporations – and their politicians and their media don’t care, because ‘there is money to be made’.
Once piped to Kitimat, the gas will be ‘liquified’ and then shipped to markets elsewhere. So we are allowing Corporate Canada to pollute north-eastern BC in order to ship gas overseas.
And they don’t want us to know about it and ‘bother’ them, so they keep it secret,
which is a good indication of how completely the corporations and their politicians and media control us.
What can we do?
1. Contact your local media and politely ask that they start to inform the citizens of BC about what is going on in our province.
2. Contact your politicians, and tell them what you think.
3. Google – Pacific Trail Pipeline … and get some info.
4. The Tsilhqot’in as well as the The Likhts’amisyu and Unist’ot’en are seeking support in their struggle against industry’s encroachment in their lands. To support the Tsilhqot’in contact JP Laplante at 250-392-3918 or email email@example.com. To join the struggle against the Pacific Trails Pipeline visit http://unistotencamp.wordpress.com/
5. If you go to ‘kitimatlngfacility.com you will see some of what they are up to from the corporate point of view.
jack etkin: firstname.lastname@example.org